NEW DATE: Saturday, 1 April 2023
Following on from the success of the corkscrew climb event in 2020, Port of Portland is again delighted to invite the community to climb the iconic corkscrew observatory on Saturday, 1 April 2023.
This will be a ‘free’ non-ticketed event – visitors can simply line-up, register and board the next available bus. Buses will run at 20 minute intervals from the Portland Visitor Information Centre and travel through the port precinct, prior to disembarking at the Smelter Berth, where a short walk of approximately 400 metres will be required to access the corkscrew. A round trip will take approximately 50 minutes.
See departure times below:
BUS TIMETABLE – Departing from the Portland Visitor Information Centre.
A downloadable copy of the bus timetable and conditions is available HERE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- It is a condition of entry into the port that visitors show photo identification (adults only).
- Children aged 5 to 12 years must be accompanied by an adult when climbing the corkscrew. Children under the age of 4 are not permitted to climb the corkscrew but can attend the event.
- Due to time constraints, there will be a maximum of 30 minutes stop over time for each bus at the corkscrew.
- There is no wheelchair access on the corkscrew.
- All times are subject to alteration without notice due to poor weather conditions.
- Anyone with special needs or requiring further information, please contact the Port of Portland on 5525 2450.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Security at the Port of Portland is governed by the Maritime Transport and Offshore Facilities Security Act 2003. Port of Portland has an approved Maritime Security Plan which covers security based risks to the Port and the local community. Access to the port security zone is permitted to authorised visitors only. Port of Portland is required to maintain a register of all visitors. As you will be entering a Port Security Zone, you will be required to register your full name and show photo ID (adults only) prior to boarding a bus.
This is a litter free event. Visitors are encouraged to dispose of litter prior to boarding buses. No food or drink should be brought into the port. Please assist us in keeping the port a litter free zone.
Further information is available by contacting the Event Coordinator: