Port of Portland is a logistics gateway for the Green Triangle Region, to the rest of Australia and the world, with connectivity to national road and rail networks. Strategically located on the southwest coast between Melbourne and Adelaide.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the permanent role of Mechanical Tradesperson (Diesel Mechanic and/or Fitter).
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working as part of a small dynamic 24/7 operations team, the successful applicant shall be capable and competent of undertaking required facets of port operations. This includes but is not limited to the following duties:
- Servicing of vehicles, plant and equipment
- Maintenance of port assets
- Ability to interpret drawings and plans
- Operating plant and mobile equipment
- Mooring of vessels
- Ship loading of commodities to vessels
- Supervisory duties
- Other duties as required
- A mechanical based trade qualification (diesel mechanic and/or fitter)
- Experience with maintenance and plant servicing, conveyor systems, basic welding and hydraulics
- Licensed Plant Operator (forklift, front end loader, bobcat, crane, MR/HR licence, dogman/rigger)
- Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team
- Basic computer skills
The successful candidate needs to be able to work flexible hours, be adaptable, able to work in a close team environment and have excellent communication skills. The applicant must be motivated, self-driven and maintain an emphasis on safety at all times.
All enquiries should be directed to Matt Peters, Operations Manager, on 0417 143 557 via EMAIL
Send your application to: The Operations Manager, PO Box 292, Portland Vic 3305 or by EMAIL
Applications for the position close on Friday, 19 August 2022 at 4pm.